Murud Janjira fort is situated on the Island of Murud village and also known as Janjira Killa. It is one of the strongest marine forts in India. You will see ancient cannons, long and strong walls, a mosque, a deep well that providing fresh water, etc. There is a luxurious palace of Nawab on the shore which helps you to explore the mesmerizing view of Janjira fort and the Arabian sea. This fort is the best place for history enthusiasts and photography lovers.
- This fort was established in early 1100 and built by Abyssinian Sidis. Over the years, Mujud Janijira fort was attacked by the Marathas, Portuguese, and Britishers. Instead of so many attacks throughout the time, It remains unconquered and remains successful to establish the Janjira sultanate.
Best Time to Visit
- It would be worth visiting this place before or after the monsoon season. Thus, October to March is the ideal time to visit this fort.
- Murud Janjira fort remains open from 7 am to 6 pm.
- There are no changes on an entry in the fort.
- You need to buy tickets for a boat ride. Charges for the boat ride remain between INR 20 to INR 300, depending on the size of the boat..
- Vehicle parking charges are INR 30.
Janjira Fort contact number for more information: +91-22-22845678